Last week I was fortunate enough to be able to send my daughter to Orlando with her BFF's family. I kept up all our summer vacation plans despite my current employment status because I don't know what next year holds. One never can know so shouldn't we stop delaying our joys? Well I'm so glad, I let her go because she had a blast. And the piece at the Harry Potter exhibit which opened 7 months ago at Universal . Anyone who knows my baby knows she LOVES all things Harry Potter!
I, on the other hand, had an awesome last full week of being 44 here flying solo. To recap, I
- I walked 10 miles
- registered yet again to take the Foreign Service Exam
- visited 2 colleges and had very productive meetings with the respective admissions counselors
- spent an afternoon finding a new signature fragrance - (I chose Christian Dior's Addict)
- went to a barbeque where everyone present except me was a native Francophone - my french is at once better and worse than I feared
- spent a nice afternoon and lovely dinner with my Mom
- enjoyed great MD steamed crabs with other friends next to lovely Lake Marburg
- saw the movie The Help with my book club
- finished decorating and organizing my daughter's bedroom
- found a lovely, and very girly ( read bust enhacing) fuchsia dress for my day cruise this weekend and....it was a size smaller than I normally wear!