Ready to Refresh??

It is 4 weeks until my planned departure to Bali, Indonesia. Despite writing glowingly about it earlier this Spring, the Summer has made me one fraught wanderer. From 3 major and deadly earthquakes in 10 days on nearby Lombok to enduring numerous and expensive vaccinations to my overall angst about flying nearly 24 hrs straight in a economy coach seat to regretting that I haven't yet figured out how to squeeze in the 4 hour flight to Australia and lengthen the trip by just a few more day there before embarking home, I've managed to work myself into a minor tizzy, a state of anxiety that i'm not at all comfortable with although I do recall experiencing it before I set out for Buenos Aires last year. 

Just re-reading that last paragraph reminds me that I sound less like the nomadic brown nymph of my imaginings and more the type-A control freak afraid to Let go and Let God (aka the Universe) bestow  and bless me with the yearnings of my heart. Yearnings that have been with my ever since I was about 10 and realized there was such as thing/place as "abroad".  I can and will do better and in turn the Universe will in the words of Ray Charles "Do what it do!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I got the power...

She's back

Green has always been my favorite color